Monday, September 19, 2011

The Ringles... 60th Wedding Anniversary

A few weeks ago I photographed my aunt and uncle for their 50th wedding anniversary.  This past week end, I was asked to attend a 60th wedding anniversary celebration of a couple I call "grandma and grandpa".  They are not related to me by blood, but they are the grandparents of a very very dear friend and I've only ever know them as "grandma and grandpa".  I think they like that I call them Grandpa and Grandma and they certainly treat me like a granddaughter!


My friend's mom contacted me to attend and photograph them during a family get together.  They were not told I was coming and their daughter (who lives in Florida) did not tell them she was coming either.  They were so surprised when I showed up... but when their daughter arrived, they were both moved to tears (as was I!).  What a special moment for all of them.  I know that Grandma and Grandpa were so happy to have so many special people to share in their celebration!


They were so cute when they found out I would be taking pictures.  Grandma made Grandpa go change into his blue shirt and Grandma changed into a different dress.  I loved seeing Grandpa help Grandma out into the yard for the photos... you can just see the special bond between these 2 people who have spent their lives together.  I think they really enjoyed being the center of attention and they certainly had fun being photographed!  There were a lot of smiles and laughter and even some silliness.  


I was honored to be a part of this family's special celebration!  I think Grandpa and Grandma are an inspiration to all married couples... I'm sure they have weathered both good and bad times.   ...and yet, here they are, 60 years later, still together, still in love.  Amazing!!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment