Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Day at BGSU!

Bowling Green State University is my undergraduate Alma Mater and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  Both my husband and I graduated from BGSU and we visit often.  Sometimes we go to check out the changes on campus and even though things look different, we always feel like we are "home" there.  We ALWAYS eat at our FAVORITE pizza place, MYLE'S PIZZA... where the pizza is thick and cheesy... the toppings are piled on thick and the pizza dough is perfect.  You don't go to Myles for the "atmosphere" or decor.  The bathrooms are... well, the tiniest spaces ever.  BUT, the food is A-MAAAAAAAZ-ing!!!!  The pizza is like no other and the garlic cheese bread loaf is incredible.  Are you hungry yet?















This past week end, my brother texted me early Sat. morning saying "going to BG, Myles for dinner, evening football game... want to go?"  Did I want to go? OF COURSE!  We headed out early afternoon and started at SBX Bookstore - where we loaded up with "official" BGSU gear (t-shirts, pom poms, hair ribbons, cheek decals and a bright orange "butt cushion" - I'm sure that's not the official name, but I'm sure you know what I mean! :-)  After shopping (and changing into our new gear) we had dinner are Myle's Pizza (yummmmmmy).  When we were done eating, we headed back to the car but had to make a quick stop at a special "site" in BG... that would be the laundromat located behind Myle's which has the "largest dryer in town".  The kids LOVE this place and are so excited to go look at the HUGE dryer!  This just cracks me up every time... they LOVE this place and are just amazed by the HUGE dryer.  So, of course, we had to get some pictures! Then, after we had a nice walk through campus (and some running around for the kids), we headed to the football game.  I am not really a football fan, but there are so many other things to watch, it doesn't matter if you enjoy football or not.  We saw the spirit group called SIC SIC (my nephew called them "the monsters" because they dress strange and wear freaky masks but he did shake one monster's hand and got a piece of candy :-).  The game was great fun (I really have no idea what went on with the football team... I spent most of my time interacting with the kids - they were way more entertaining!) but the BAND was incredible... the patriotic half time show was worth the $15 ticket for sure. 


It is always nostalgic to hang out at BGSU!  Can't wait to do it again.  I hope you enjoy seeing some of our day in the pictures below!





















No comments:

Post a Comment