Sunday, September 4, 2011

50th Wedding Anniversary

I had the extreme pleasure today of photographing my aunt and uncle (who also happen to be my godparents) for their 50th wedding anniversary.  Their children planned a special dinner where the whole family would gather and recognize their love that has remained strong over the past 50 years.  


I began by photographing my mom helping her sister into her wedding gown... it had originally been white but, after 50 years, it faded to ivory (although through the magic of photoshop, I was able to make it look white again in some of the photos!).  I'm sure many of us would have trouble getting into our wedding gowns 10 years later, but my aunt looked lovely in her beautiful dress!  


I had a fun little photo shoot with both my aunt and uncle... with my uncle being silly and cracking me up (I told him he better straighten up or all the photos would be blurry because I was laughing!).   They are such a cute couple and I enjoyed every minute of our photo session.  


My Aunt and Uncle were told that my parents would be picking them up so they could all ride together to the dinner, but in reality, a limo had been ordered.  It was so fun to watch them as the big white limo pulled into their driveway!  After pinning on beautiful yellow corsages, they were on their way to a great celebration with their family.  


I am anxious to hear all about it from my Mom... my cousins had no idea my Aunt would be arriving in her wedding gown!  I'm sure it was a lovely surprise!


I think you can see what a wonderful couple they are in each picture!  I am so lucky to have them in my life!






























No comments:

Post a Comment