Friday, August 5, 2011

Cooling Off

I had a chance to try out my new lens today.  My 2 year old niece was "cooling off" in a teeny little baby pool that my mom has had for years.  She just fit in the pool and didn't seem to mind that it was a bit snug.  I guess it doesn't matter when you are 2, it's hot out and you're hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  When my mom has the nieces and nephews over during the summer, we call it "camp Grandma" because she always has lots of activities for them.  There is never a boring day at Camp Grandma!  I caught some cute shots of my niece enjoying her little dip in the "pool" (can you call it a pool when you can barely sit down?  I honestly think it was more like "swimming" in a bucket but she had a great time).  I love my new lens because it is very different from the 2 I have been using in the past.  It has great depth of field and excellent sharpness.  I still have a lot to learn about this lens vs. my telephoto lens.  I can already see the need for both depending on what I want to capture and how I want the image to look.  Below are a few of the first images caught with the new 50mm lens.  I think my niece is adorable... but then, I am a little biased!  Do you agree with me?












No comments:

Post a Comment