Monday, July 9, 2012

Melissa's Senior Pictures

Many years ago I attended Bowling Green State University as an undergraduate.  I met some incredible people and made many long lasting friendships.  One of these friends was not only my roommate at one point, but also worked with me on campus at the Bursar's office.  I have wonderful memories from my college days and this woman shared many of them with me!  So, when she asked me to take her daughter's senior pictures, I was thrilled... especially because we haven't seen each other in person in over 10 years!!

When I scheduled Melissa's senior session I knew it would probably be a hot day.  July is always hot and steamy.  However, I don't think any of us expected it to be the hottest day EVER... in fact, I can't remember it EVER being that hot in Tiffin!  At one point, the thermometer was showing 106 degrees!!

Melissa and her mom arrived bright and early (8am) and it was already over 80 degrees.  However, this didn't seem to bother Melissa at all.  She was completely relaxed and natural throughout our entire session.  I had asked Melissa's mom if they would be willing to go to a variety of locations because I wanted to try out some new places I had not used in the past.  This meant the session was going to last longer than normal.  So, despite the fact that we were all sweating, Melissa smiled, posed and just had fun at every location we visited!!  The heat didn't seem to bother her at all, while I, on the other hand, felt like there was a waterfall running down my back!  Yuck!  At least you can't see any "steam" in the photographs (smile).

After our session, we all had lunch together and my friend and I spent a few hours catching up.  It was as if no time had past... isn't great to have friends that are life long friends?  No matter where you go or how much time passes, you can just pick up as if you saw each other yesterday.  I'm so lucky to have such a friend!

When I started editing Melissa's pictures, I knew that it was going to be hard not to edit ALL of them.  She looked amazing and I fell in love with so many of the pictures.  I decided to apply some artistic effects to some of the photos and just got carried away.  I really liked how some of the effects turned out (you can see some of them below).

One good thing about all these HOT HOT days...  I am hiding in the house and spending lots of time editing photos!  I hope you enjoy looking at Melissa's Senior pictures!  I think she looks INCREDIBLE in every one!!

*Click the first photo to view them a little larger in a slide show.  Use your arrow keys to scroll through. :-)





























































No comments:

Post a Comment