Saturday, November 19, 2011

Kyle's Senior Photo Session

Today I photographed a very handsome Senior boy!  I have known Kyle since he was 6 years old... because he was a student in my first grade class many years ago.  I remember what a wonderful little boy he was and how much I enjoyed being his teacher.  He has grown to become a kind, well mannered, friendly, funny and mature young man.  This is the kind of young man that my first graders can look up to - the kind of person I want them to become!  A few weeks ago, he visited my classroom to read a story to my first graders.  You should have seen the looks on their faces - they were just in awe! I'm so proud to have been a part of his educational journey.


We decided to take pictures on the campus of Heidelberg University and it was a picture perfect day.  The sun was shining with a few clouds helping to soften the light, the air was crisp and cool and campus was very, very quiet (it was before 10am and I'm guessing the students were all asleep :-).  If you have not taken a stroll around the campus, you should!  It is quite beautiful and provided lovely background material for our photos. 


I had so much fun hanging out with Kyle and his mom.  Kyle's mom helped in my classroom when I had her kids in my class.  She is a pretty amazing person and I am so grateful that she was able to give up her free time and spend it in my classroom.  We haven't seen each other for years so it was great fun chatting and laughing during the photo session.  


Kyle was such a good sport!  I told him how my nephew was worried about how long it was going to take... and he didn't ask once "are we done yet?" (smile)  He said he was trying to learn from my nephew - which made me laugh!  He posed, smiled, squatted, sat in the grass, climbed down to a creek, sat on rocks, posed by his jeep and even let me take a few shots of him and his mom!  It was pure fun for me (and I hope a little fun for him too :-).  I got so many great pictures that it is really difficult not to edit, edit, edit and keep editing!  When you have personality, it shows... and you can see Kyle's in each and every photo.  


I decided to play around with a few of the pictures I've edited by creating some collages.  I especially like the photos with his football helmet and football... I had to lay flat on my belly to get the shot, but it was worth it!  I hope you enjoy viewing a few of Kyle's Senior Pictures!


PS  If you want to view the photos with a black background and no "blog distractions", just click the first photo and then scroll to see them all. :-)












No comments:

Post a Comment