Saturday, April 26, 2014

Jacob's First Communion

Me... on the day of my first communion (taken in the early 70's at a local store where you sat on a rug covered table and they snapped your photo - the original is all shades of muddy red).  Despite the low resolution photo, I do remember feeling happy in my first communion dress and veil.  On my first communion day, my godparents gave me a little white mass booklet, which until last Wed., I kept in my jewelry box.

Last Wed. I met my godson and nephew, Jacob, at the same church where I made my first communion.  Can it really be almost 40 years later?!  Jacob is an amazing little boy in so many ways!  He is loving, happy, smart, caring and competitive!  I love him dearly and am honored to be his godmother.  I know his first communion day will be special and I'll be there to support him.

Our little photo session was kind of a "spur of the moment" type of activity that just happened to turn out PERFECTLY!

I can't believe how grown up he looks in his suit and dress shoes!    ...and yes, that little white mass book is now his.  The pictures are a little outdated, but the content is still pretty much the same.  I love how he posed with the little book in many of the photos!  He knows just how to make an Aunt feel special and loved!











 Happy First Communion Day Jacob!
Love, Aunt Lisa





















No comments:

Post a Comment