Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Kate's First Communion

My niece made her first communion last week end.  This is always a very special event for a second grader.   While I don't really remember my first communion ceremony, I do remember my mom taking me to a local department store for a photograph (I've posted it below... oh my, check out those teeth!).  I also remember receiving a little white prayer book that I still have today.

I planned to have a little photo session with my niece the day before her actual first communion.  The day was absolutely miserable... a mix of snow and rain, gloomy and cold.  That meant we had to take most of the photos inside the church.  I am NOT a fan of flash photography, but we made the best of it.

My niece was ADORABLE!  She really got into it and even suggested a few of the poses.  My sister, her Godmother, found her own first communion dress and gave it to my niece.  It fit perfectly and we took photos of her wearing both dresses... what 2nd grader doesn't want to dress up in fancy dresses and have her picture taken?  She was loving it (OK, it was pretty cold out and she wasn't happy having pictures taken on the porch, but I just had to do a FEW with some good natural light!).

You will notice that a few pictures below are just "details"... her sweet little shoes, an  earring (one of the pair given to my sister in law by my brother the night before their wedding) and her sparkly tiara.  I love capturing special little details that will be reminders of her special day.

While I think she is beautiful in every picture, I especially love the black and white photos.  Some of the BW photos were taken (thanks to my husband who tag teamed with me so I could capture stills and video) on the day of her first communion (which was a beautiful day... thank goodness).  They may not be as crisp as I like, but I love how they capture a few moments of that day.

Thanks for stopping by... I hope you enjoy the photos!
Lisa










































































No comments:

Post a Comment